In the experience of Dr. Catherine Ford, an Acupuncture Physician and Fertility Specialist, the 99% cause of infertility and fertility issues is due to STRESS. Yes! It sounds crazy and it is hard to believe that stress can cause something like infertility, but unfortunately IT DOES!
This can be preventable and we are here to inform you and guide you through the process.
From Dr. Catherine Ford, AP:
“I love when fertility patients come to me saying that they have been to their GYN and they are under treatment and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. They come to me frustrated and close to losing their mind and I don’t blame them!
The bottom line is that this stress can come from many sources; for example, all of your friends are getting pregnant and you are not, your parents keep asking you when you are going to have a baby???, your siblings are starting to have babies … another source is high stress due to a demanding job.”
The first thing Dr. Ford likes to do is gain the trust of her patients so they can open up and know that I am on their side. I want to know every detail so I can help and come up with the best treatment plan for you! I like to create a treatment plan that has the following components:
- Oriental Medicine Protocol (frequency of acupuncture, treatments)
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Plan (herbs that will help specific conditions)
- Stress Management (I will teach you how to manage stress because we all have it and it is something that will never go way but we need to learn how to handle it and most important … HOW TO REACT to stressful situations).
- Food Therapy Treatment (every condition can be improved when we change our diet and I will help you adjust to a food plan that will meet your needs and that will correct deficiencies.)
We have to learn how to identify our stress because there is such thing as Chronic and Acute stress – when we are stressed or under emotional pressure, our bodies produce a hormone called cortisol, it is a steroid hormone produced be the adrenal glands. They release cortisol in the blood to allow the body to respond properly in case of an emergency.
Cortisol also lowers the number of lymphocytes, which are white blood cells, that are also one of the body’s main types of immune cells. They are made in the bone marrow and found in the blood and lymph tissue. These cells work together to defend the body against foreign substances, such as bacteria, viruses, and cancer cells that can threaten its functioning.
We were not made to tolerate long term-chronic stress !!!!!
Plus – if we are stressed or under pressure, we do not eat or hydrate properly; we are most likely not taking care of our bodies which lowers the immune system and opens the door to infections, bacteria and viruses to invade our bodies and stay there.
What happens if we do not manage stress and allow it to take over?
It can suppress your immune system, upset your digestive and reproductive systems, increase the risk of heart attack and stroke, and speed up the aging process. It can even rewire the brain, leaving you more vulnerable to anxiety, depression, and other mental health problems – palpitations, in women missed periods, low sex drive, rapid breathing, high blood sugar – low immune system which will make you vulnerable to getting infections like UTIs.
What can we do to manage stress better? The following is my stress management protocol:
• Manage your time better; prioritize you daily activities and plan your day
• Replace pre-packaged food for more fresh items in your diet
• Exercise more
• AND the best advice … come in for a consultation with Dr. Catherine Ford – this way we can meet and come up with an amazing plan that will work just for you!
Make your appointment today by calling 407-644-2990.