If you have been trying to conceive for 6 months or more, your body might need a boost.
One of six couples suffer from some type of fertility issue and this can be emotionally draining for both men and women.
It is important to keep communication open and not only talk about it but seek the help that you need.
If you are experiencing fertility issues or just starting to try to conceive, there are ways to boost your body and increase the chances of becoming pregnant.
Oriental Medicine is a natural way to stimulate your body to have a baby. The tools used in Oriental medicine are mainly Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine, Cupping, Guasha and homeopathic injections.
What to expect during your initial consultation with Dr. Ford? You can expect to have a conversation with Dr. Ford where she will ask many questions about your lifestyle and overall health in order for her to design the perfect treatment plan. She will then customize a personalized plan just for you and you will walk out the door with a folder full of information for you to discuss with your partner.
Dr. Ford’s treatment plan may include the following therapies:
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Food therapy & hydration
- Injection therapy (homeopathics and vitamin B12)
- Nutritional supplementation
- Lifestyle changes
- Stress management
- Advice on hormone testing
- Overall lifestyle changes
If you are struggling with fertility, it doesn’t mean that you have to rush and seek help from a fertility doctor or specialist; there are other ways to boost your body naturally. However, if you have decided to start treatment with a medical doctor or if you are already under the care of a fertility specialist, Oriental Medicine can still support therapies like IVF, fertility drugs & medications. The treatments used by Dr. Ford will not interfere with the plan that you design with your M.D.
The following are 5 things you can do today to start preparing your body to conceive:
- Listen to your body and keep track of your cycles; it is very important to know when you ovulate. Keep a journal!
- Use ovulation predictor tests; these can be helpful to track your menstrual cycle and to know your fertile days.
- Eat a fertility diet; use common sense when it comes to grocery shopping and avoid pre-packaged foods. Include full fat items, lots of fruits and vegetables, fatty fish, whole grains and beans.
- Quit smoking, alcohol and caffeine; research shows that these last 3 “activities” can change your body in many ways. Stop today! It is never too early or too late.
- Get in the habit of exercising daily; it can just be walking for 30 minutes or doing a video at home. Raise your heart rate, your body will be thankful!
If you need additional support on your journey, we have the help you need! Call 407-644-2990 to make an appointment with Dr. Ford.