Whole Family Health Care's Philosophy
The Healing Power of Nature (Vis Medicatrix Naturae or Qi)
We recognize an inherent self-healing process in the person which is ordered and intelligent. Our practitioners act to identify and remove obstacles to healing and recovery, and to facilitate and augment this inherent self-healing process.
Identify and Treat the Causes (ToIle Causam)
We seek to identify and remove the underlying causes of illness, rather than to merely eliminate or suppress symptoms.
First Do No Harm (Primum Non Nocere)
Our practitioners follow three guidelines to avoid harming the patient.
- Utilize methods and prescribe medicinal substances which minimize the risk of harmful side effects, using the least force necessary to diagnose and treat
- Avoid when possible the harmful suppression of symptoms
- Acknowledge, respect and work with the individual’s self-healing process
Health Education (Docere)
We educate our patients and encourage self-responsibility for health. We teach you how your body works and more importantly how to keep it healthy.
Treat the Whole Person
We treat each patient by taking into account individual physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social and other factors.
We emphasize the prevention of disease.
Need to Understand more about Integrative Medicine?
Integrative Medicine is a distinct practice of medicine that offers patients both conventional testing and treatment AND cutting edge diagnostics with safe and effective natural treatment options. Integrative Medicine Practitioners understand how to individualize testing to identify the cause of disease and personalize treatments to treat disease and promote wellness.
The principles of Integrative Medicine are:
- A cooperative relationship between patient and practitioner in the healing process
- Appropriate use of both conventional and natural methods to facilitate the body's innate healing response
- Consideration of all factors that influence health, wellness and disease, including mind, body, and spirit
- A philosophy that understands the need for rigorous testing of safe and effective natural treatments as well as utilizing conventional methods appropriately
- Use of natural, effective, less-invasive interventions whenever possible
- Emphasize not only treatment of disease but also health promotion and disease prevention